Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Sunday, November 10, 2013

PAPSE Workshop Larry Moore, Bill Davidson and James Richards

Larry Moore painting a demo at Shem Creek in Charleston, SC,
Bill Davidson starting his demo of a marsh scene.
James Richards on Broad Street in Charleston, SC looking at the light.


On November 6, 7 and 8th I was fortunate to attend a Plein Air Painters of the Southeast (PAPSE) workshop in Charleston, SC.with instructors Larry Moore, Bill Davidson and Jim Richards
I have admired each artist's work and jumped at the chance to participate in the workshop to watch them paint in person and have a reunion with dear painting friends.

Galerie On Broad owner Kate Mullin is so sweet, when I made my reservation I knew this would be a special learning experience.
An added bonus was attending the PAPSE art exhibit of gorgeous paintings on Friday evening to see how each of the artists had painted their impressions of the town during the previous week.

The workshop was awesome and a great week of sharing. And did I mention lunch and dinner... seafood and Southern cuisine at  Slightly North of Broad and Magnolias  Vickerys and Water's Edge.
Each day we watched these talented instructors, talked art, enjoyed Southern food and had lots of laughs. With the help of my friends, Kathy, Dottie, Connie and Robin I even got my Southern lingo going...Y'all.

Slightly North of Broad hat
Slightly North of Broad had a hat that just made me laugh. I brought home this souvenir as a gift for my husband but hoping he will let me borrow it.
Enjoy your week!

3 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

Glad you had such a good time up my way. Jim Richards is Kathy Cousart's mentor, and I think she was in Charleston at the same time you were there. I can't wait to be free of college obligations so that I can take a workshop with Jim. I love his style of painting.

Karen F. Rose said...

Thanks Jerry,
I so wanted to call you on my way through your town and I did think of you. Stopped at the Carolina Cider Company and picked up some treats for the trip home. Jim is a wonderful instructor as are Larry Moore and Bill Davidson. What a wonderful week.
I just missed seeing Kathy and her husband. Maybe next time!

Kathy Cousart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.