Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Monday, September 1, 2014

Sunrise Over the Atlantic Ocean

Intangible
© Karen F. Rose
11 x 14"
pastel on board
NFS

In the last year I have had the pleasure of watching the sun rise over the Atlantic on more than one morning. The light of dawn brings such awe, wonder and peace.
Sunrise is a profound experience for me, a moment of spiritual connection that I hope you see in my artwork.

I wait and observe as the sun paints a beautiful canvas before me and I attempt to translate that moment....that intangible moment.

All this month I will be painting and posting more studies on my website www.karenfrose.com as part of a 30 in 30 challenge.

On a personal note there have been some challenging times for me this year and especially in the last few weeks. 

Let's see how life's canvas will be painted. 

Thanks for sharing the journey with me. Your comments and thoughts are so welcome. 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Off we go on the challenge. You remind me that sunrises on the ocean are among my topics for painting during this challenge. This is a lovely painting, Karen. Enjoy the 30 days of painting. I will follow you! - Jim

Karen F. Rose said...

Thanks Jim. My mom recently fell so not sure how much I will be painting but will give it a try. Best wishes my friend.