Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Friday, January 26, 2018

Blenko Glass Company Art Contest

Something Borrowed Something Blue
Karen F. Rose
original oil
9 x 12"
When I heard that the Blenko Glass Company was sponsoring an Art Contest inspired by their beautiful had crafted water bottle glass, I just had to enter my original oil painting Something Borrowed, Something Blue. 
I adore Blenko glass from West Virginia and I know many people collect this wonderful handblown glass in many colors and forms. The cobalt blue just speaks to me and I asked a friend if I could borrow her bottle for a floral still life painting.

A picture of all the entries in the contest is in the visitor center at the Blenko Glass Company and visitors will vote for their favorite. 

Visit the Blenko glass company site at https://blenko.com/  to learn more about this family owned company and of course be sure to visit the company in West Virginia.
Don't you just love The Blenko Glass Company philosophy 
"We all need, now more than ever, handmade possessions that are unique and inspiring".

No comments: