Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Equine Fine Artist George Stubbs

Detail of
photo credit © Karen F. Rose
Louvre Museum
As an artist who paints horses, I always love to learn from the masters. George Stubbs (1724 - 1806)
is considered to be one of the greatest of all British
horse painters.
So on a recent trip overseas when everyone
else at the museum was surrounding the
Mona Lisaand the Winged Victory, I scurried off to a quiet gallery
and was excited to discover a George Stubbs painting!

I must have stayed there longer than the museum guards
thought proper, but for me it was a once in a lifetime experience.
If you have seen a Stubbs horse painting in a museum here in the states,
I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is this painting called?

Karen F. Rose said...

This is just a small detail from the painting entitled Assheton Curzon with his Mare, dated 1771