Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Karen F Rose Paintings from QR Code to Your Phone

QR Code for my website
www.karenfrose.com

So what are these little square all about? Wondering if I have I become an abstract painter? Well those of you who know me, know I love innovation and advances in technology.
You may have seen these little boxes with strange patterns in magazines, newspapers and print ads.
QR Code for Karen F. Rose Daily Paintworks Gallery


They are QR codes. Simply a fast and easy way for you to find an internet site by using you cell phone.

Just download a FREE QR Reader app for your phone. If you have an iphone, go to the I Tunes app store and download the free QR Reader. If you have a blackberry or android just download the QR reader for your make of phone.
Once you have downloaded the reader, just hold your phone steadily over a QR code for 2-3 seconds you will be directed to the web site. No more typing or misspelling the url address!
Go ahead and give it a try.
Click on your QR reader program, place your phone over the image on the screen so it can be read and voila see what happens! Pretty amazing huh?

5 comments:

Jerry Stocks said...

This technology is so far over my head. Hope I learn how to do all this in school.

Nanci Hersh said...

Very cool Karen, thanks for posting. I don't have a smart phone but SO many people do... am sure this will be very helpful.

Missed talking with you yesterday. It was just Kathryn and I.

Next time....

Nanci Hersh said...

Karen,
After reading your interesting post I discovered this youtube video that explains a little more about them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3lrcOhmp9g

Thanks for keeping us in the techno loop!

Karen F. Rose said...

Jerry I know you will be learning some very interesting technology!
Nanci, thanks for sharing the youtube video. I think it could lead to some interesting interactive scavenger art adventures especially in a large urban setting!

Denise Bellon West said...

My Smart Phone is dumb, because it's not hooked to the Internet! I wanted it for its PDA capabilities, but now I can see a good use for going online with it. I'll bookmark the YouTube video for my future reference. Thanks!