Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Twilight Companions


Twilight Companions
© 2011 Karen F. Rose
oil on linen canvas

Large oak trees are symbolic of strength and perseverance for me. They survive strong gusts and storms and give relief to those creatures who huddle under their strong outreaching arms.
When I pass by this group of trees at twilight, I often think of dear friends whose character is much like that of an oak - in the face of life's troubles, they weather life's winds of change. And with the breaking new day, they are there, steadfast to greet the new day with hope and resolve. 
What an inspiration. 



7 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful painting and post. I also love trees and think of them as strong and steady. These are so pretty and love the light on them.

Nanci Hersh said...

Karen

Beautiful painting, insightful post. I often like to do Tree Posture in yoga outside for just those reasons you stated. Congrats on getting in Daily Painters as well. Been thinking of you and love seeing your paintings evolve.

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Karen, I feel the same way about those trees! Such a powerful image!

Unknown said...

Beautiful landscape, Karen! I love your soft, tonalism technique. It is so inviting!! :)

Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful. Strong oaks---but painted with such soft edges, just lovely!!

Karen F. Rose said...

Thanks all I appreciate your comments. Since I posted this I have added additional glazes and think the painting has grown in character!

Karen F. Rose said...

Posting the completed painting that I have been working on.