Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Melrose Open Air Arts, Pasteling in the Park

Slow, No Wake
© Karen F Rose
pastel with museum glass
8x10"
Sold In Private Collection
What a busy week!
Last Sunday I took down my exhibit at Melrose Bay Art Gallery then headed off to Leesburg, FL for a wonderful workshop. With the time change I sprang forward on Sunday, but somehow was still missing that hour of extra sleep.
Then on Thursday, there was an emergency trip to the dentist...oops.
It was back to Melrose, FL on Friday and Saturday as I am participating in the Melrose Open Air Arts.
This is a great event with 45 invited artists. Yesterday was the public painting day in four designated painting locations. 
Each year I always love sitting in the little Heritage Park by Melrose Bay. You see all manner of people and crafts on the water-fishing boats, sail boats, row boats, canoes, and kayaks. 
What kind of water crafter are you? 
Does the thrill of skimming across the water at amazing speed in the middle of a sunny day set your heart racing or
are you a Slow, No Wake kind of person taking in the sight and sounds of the lake in early morning with the sunrise glistening off the water?

Hope you visit my new web site www.karenfrose.com.
And yes, I ship unframed paintings anywhere in the country.
A special thank you goes out to a new collector in California. Thank you!


No comments: