Karen F Rose My Painting Journey

Monday, September 16, 2013

Hanging Art Salon Style

Beach Light
© Karen F Rose
oil on canvas
12 x 9"
click to view and purchase
available
For the last several weeks I have loved waking up, seeing the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean.
When I am at home in Gainesville, Fl, the sunrise on the horizon is blocked by a large thicket of oak and pine trees.
Here, only a few sea oats sway in the breeze.

Waiting for the Light, oil on canvas, is part of The Light Falls Softly at the High Springs Art Co-op in High Springs, FL an exhibit through September.
If you see the exhibit, I'd love to hear from you.
The Light Falls Softly
Karen F. Rose paintings
High Springs, FL
In a previous post, I mentioned a link that describes the French history behind this ceiling to floor style of hanging art.... style. 
Today I am posting this link to a youtube video on how to hang art in your home in this way
So get out the hammer and picture hooks and get going....Happy Monday!

2 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What a beautiful atmosphere you captured/created. I have seen this particular light so it brought back a sense of time and place for me. Thank you.
I am from England so I am very familiar with the salon type hanging.
The eye learns to sort through mass hangings. It gives a sense of discovery and excitement too

Karen F. Rose said...

Julie I love your comment
"The eye learns to sort through mass hangings. It gives a sense of discovery and excitement too."
How perfect.
Thank you